Here are the 5 reasons I am not stressed when my kids don’t get the math problems.
5. Problem Solving: If both planes arrive safely there is no problem to solve.
|Plane A leaves a airport travelling at 200 mph Plane B leaves 1 hour later travelling at 250 mph. At what time will Plane A overtake Plane B|
4. I don’t work for NASA and I doubt my kids will
3. There are a lot more important things I need to teach my kids like “the sum of two wrongs don’t make it right”
2. My kids already know more math than the cashiers at the local store (my 9 year old helps them make change)
1. When was the last time you used Fermat’s theorem on sums of two squares in real life?
“The most painful thing about mathematics is how far away you are from being able to use it after you have learned it.” —
J. R. Newman, The World of Mathematics.